The Belize City Council’s Traffic Department is one of the largest subdivisions of the Council’s Organizational formation. It is managed by Mr. Jermaine Hyde and the principal function of the Traffic Department is to enforce the Motor Vehicle and Road Traffic Laws of Belize. The Department is mindful of all forms of Traffic activities that occurs within the City, and is determined to manage these types of activities to promote and secure the well being of all citizens and visitors.
The Traffic Department works very closely with the Police Department, Transport Board and the Ministry of Transport to continuously enforce, review and assess all its duties and responsibilities given under the law. The Department is responsible for a wide range of functions that are traffic related, some of which are as follows:
- The Issuing and renewal of drivers’ license and vehicle license for all individuals and vehicles registered in Belize City.
- The Inspection of all modes of transportation that require a license under the law to traffic on any street.
- The monitoring and supervision of all parades, funerals and similar activities which impede the normal flow of Traffic.
- The regulation of Parking and all activities related to parking within the City.
- The strategic placement of appropriate traffic signs throughout the City.
- Public education on basic Traffic Laws.
Persons that would like to find out more information about services that are offered by the Traffic Department may contact our office at telephone (501) 207-8918 and 207-6236 or visit us on Youth for the Future Drive.
Councillor: Allan Pollard Jr.
Manager: Jermaine Hyde
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org