Roles and Objectives
The Management Information Systems Department (MIS) is one of many Departments in the Belize City Council. The Department is also one of the smallest departments in its organizational structure boasting of having only six employees. The department is supervised by the City Administrator and is centrally located at the main City Hall
This department has many different tasks, roles and objectives within the Belize City Council.
- Ensure that the Belize City Council’s IT infrastructure systems/procedures and controls comply with accepted industry standards.
- Protect, Control & Monitor the Belize City Council’s data integrity by implementing appropriate Disaster Mitigation & Recovery policies and procedures.
- Provide Help Desk Support in all areas of the Belize City Council’s LAN/WAN infrastructure.
- Provide appropriate insight, assistance and recommendations in support of the Belize City Council’s daily operating policies and procedures.
- Ensure that MIS staff is properly trained and remain updated on new technology and IT Concepts.
- Support the Belize City Council, it’s departments and staff in all areas related to Information Technology in dispensing its mandate to serve the people of Belize City in the most innovative and efficient manner possible.
Councillor: Micah Goodin
Manager: René Cardona
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org